DreamX
Welcome to the forums, you can log in now! Also help us by voting! More players = more drop parties = MORE STUFF for you to enjoy!

http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com/in.php?site=35411

More voting links soon to come.
DreamX
Welcome to the forums, you can log in now! Also help us by voting! More players = more drop parties = MORE STUFF for you to enjoy!

http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com/in.php?site=35411

More voting links soon to come.
DreamX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DreamX

A Dream come true.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please everyone take a minute to vote for our server!!!! If your online in game you can use the quest tab for easier access to the voting page.

HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER

Go down 
+2
DefQon
B A L L I N
6 posters
AuthorMessage
B A L L I N

HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:33 am

How to become : Be active on formus and post gfx work daily/weekly
How we pick are gfx master's : We have a staff meeting on msn and we decide who's most active etc

If you would like to see how to do gfx look here... Then post your best work and we will decide!

How To Become A Master Graphic Maker: The Guide
Many people want to know how to become a good graphic artist, but really don't know where to start it, so I decided to make a small guide in how to improve your current gfx skills and develop new ones. It's total free for all of you to choose which parts of this guide you feel works for you personality and which doesn't. Enjoy this guide and please do not rip.

1. To Make good graphics you must have good material to work with, bad renders, C4D's and stocks also makes bad outcomes. Begin to fill a folder, or a USB (I prefer a USB stick but it's up to you). In my opinion the most important thing to have a stock of is c4d's. Renders and stocks is easy to find and often it's hard to have a stock of them because every work needs a specific render (still it's good to have a stock with layer and stocks). With c4d's you can easy add light effects and other effects to make your piece of work look even better. When creating signatures c4d's are often used. So the first step to become a better graphic artist is to "upgrade" your material to max.

Some stuff you should have a large amount of
Stocks and renders
c4d's
fonts
brushes
textures

2. Use good software, in the previous step I talked about how your material must be good, but high quality colors are of no use if your brushes suck. Personally I would recommend Photoshop (always the newest version, for the moment CS5). Many peoples use Photoshop so you will always find loads of help out there and there are millions of tutorials about stuff in Photoshop. Of Course can you use other software than Photoshop such as GIMP, Paint.NET or others but like I said, I strongly recommend Photoshop. If you don't have Photoshop then don't get all sad about it, I have a tut right HERE

3. Read tutorials and do them, just to read them won't help you at all you must actually follow the steps, even if you don't need a similar outcome for anything it's good to learn other techniques. There are loads of tutorial websites just google "Photoshop Tutorials", also google "Photoshop Text Tutorials". If you learn how to make cool text effects, you will soon start to see how much else you have learned, for example how the "Add Layer Style" button works and how all of the functions in it works.

4. Study other peoples work, but DO NOT COPY them, download some signatures or text you think are cool and then try to figure out how the artist made them. Try to make your own copies of pieces of art you like.

5. Post your outcomes on forums like this one (in the right section of course). Ask people for their opinion, and you must accept that in the start you will probably not get that much attention and if you get it it's probably because your outcomes are terribly bad, but relax, after a while you will get more and more positive comments and before you know it you will be a PRO. So like I said ask people for their opinions and make fulfill other peoples requests (like in the "Graphic Request" section). But remember to show respect to more talented and higher ranked members, and don't pm them with silly stuff like "can you please teach me how to become good at gfx?". Remember the only way to become a better artist is to practice, and after you have practiced, practice some more.

6.In the previous step I mentioned that you shouldn't copy other peoples work. Of course you could copy them into Photoshop or whatever program you use, but never claim a work that's someones else as your own. Remember that changing the name of a signature or the text of a picture still is considered as ripping. If you copy other peoples work it will sooner or later become known amongst other people (such things are impossible to hide) and then you will be banned or at least hated and ignored.

7. This step is similar to step five, find some pictures/works you think are just amazing. Then study them and think about what makes them so special, what is it that gives them the "It" factor. Is it the lighting, the flow, the color composition, the text placement, the details or maybe the cool effects? When you have found the answer then try to transfer that to your own pictures, make them just a special as the pictures you admire, but do not copy them!

8. Get your own style don't mimic everyone else, at the start of your career this if fully acceptable, but the more experienced you become, the more you have to develop your own style or else you will just one among the others, forgotten and nothing special. Experiment on you own and see what works and doesn't.

9. It's sad but it is the bitter truth, some peoples have taste and some doesn't, if you are in total lack of taste, then the way to become a great graphic artist is far much longer, but it's not impossible, like I've already told you, study other peoples work and maybe sooner or later you will start to develop what we call a "taste" of what looks good and what doesn't.

10. Learn how all the tools of you graphic software works and what they are good for, then it will be much easier to create the pictures you want to. Google thing like "how to use the pentool" or "how to smudge", frankly speaking google it all (every tool). After you know how the tools work then fulfill some tutorials with them, this will make your skills raise very much.

11. Know Your programs, learn some shortcuts and how it works (like in step 10). If you know your program it will be so much easier to work with it and this will generate in better pictures

12. Some "don'ts" and some "dos". In a better explanation some things you should do and some you shouldn't do.

Don'ts
Do NOT under any circumstances use the emboss effect on you signatures/other works if it's not a text signature/ text work. It looks unprofessional and low-standard.
Do Not Overuse scanlines in you signatures or works, sometimes like in text works and userbars it looks great but often it doesn't trust me...
Don't use the color dodge, linear dodge and overlay options to much this could create a really messy picture

Dos
Instead of using gradients, photo filters are superb, these give you a more balanced picture (not always in text works)

I would also like to make some requests according to this thread.
Some More "Dos and Don'ts"
Your favorite graphic resources links
If you find this guide in a need of anything else then please post

Leave a comment with your opinion, but don't hate or rage at me...

I would like to ask people who have read this thread to not PM me about graphic resources and to make work for them, try to make your own it's a good start!

Last edited by B A L L I N on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DefQon
Owner
Owner
DefQon

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Stickied.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamx.forumotion.com
B A L L I N

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 am

So mine will always be the top??
Back to top Go down
DefQon
Owner
Owner
DefQon

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:51 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamx.forumotion.com
DreamX_BadAss

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:25 am

How can i be?
Back to top Go down
hego555

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 am

How bout we give ice a chance? Also dude that is so frekin messy no offense but to many things in 1 picture!!!
Back to top Go down
http://anvgamez.tk
icecubes
GFX MASTER
GFX MASTER
icecubes

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 am

Im up for that i have a lot of experience with photo shop/gimp!

Link to my thread My gfx thread
Back to top Go down
cannonmaast

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

i think ice is better his gfx thread is sick
Back to top Go down
icecubes
GFX MASTER
GFX MASTER
icecubes

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:02 am

cannonmaast wrote:
i think ice is better his gfx thread is sick
Thank you!! Hopefully I become a gfx master

Edit: here is ALL my work!!

HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER Icecub10

NOTE:Click them to open the picture

Website Buttons (My friend asked for buttons for a car website and I made these)

Exotic Button:
Muscle Button:

Tests
Reflection Test:
Grass Test:

New ones (I am kind of rusty for these new pictures since I have not made anything in months)
FMA signature:
Icecube's Graphics:
Old
Dragon Signature:

Thats my applications I have photoshop cs5 and gimp and a tablet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER   HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO BECOME A GFX MASTER
Page 1 of 1